Gordon Starr is committed to working with the citizens of Precinct 1 to build a strong and sustainable future for the Town of Barnstable. Gordon promises to maintain open lines of clear & meaningful communication between voters and town leaders.
Thank you for your vote. I look forward to the next four years serving as your town councilor.
Please continue to share with me your interests and concerns about Barnstable Village, Precinct 1, and the Town of Barnstable as a whole.
Working together, we have accomplished so much for Barnstable Village and Cummaquid:
- Installed crosswalks on Route 6A at Harris Meadows and at Cummaquid Golf Club/Marston Lane.
- Pressed the Commonwealth of MA to survey and design new sidewalks for Route 6A west of Barnstable Village.
- Strongly advocated for a sidewalk on Commerce Road and along with reconstruction of the Maraspin Creek culvert. Pressed for funding for the design and construction of sidewalk.
- Ensured Community Preservation Committee (CPC) funding for:
-Unitarian Church: Repair of its iconic steeple and the parish hall
-Sturgis Library: New roof
-Tales of Cape Cod: Foundation repair
-Barnstable Historic Society: Building repairs
- Called for a complete redesign of the Scudder Lane Boat Ramp.
- Helped to secure funding for the upgrading and rebuilding of three Barnstable Village sewer pump stations.
- Advocated for a new Sandy Neck parking lot design to protect the environment while securing access and parking to residents.
- Helped secure funding for the sidewalks on Independence Drive.
As your Town Councilor, I will continue to focus on:
- Pedestrian safety & reconstruction of sidewalks on Route 6A.
- Construction of a sidewalk on Commerce Road and reconstruction of the Maraspin Creek culvert.
- Attainable year-round home ownership.
- Ongoing town sewer project known as the Comprehensive Wastewater Management Plan (CWMP).
- Barnstable Water District construction of a new drinking water filtration plant for Barnstable Village.
- Monitoring of PFAS in our ground water and advocating for clean-up by the responsible parties.
- Working with local and state organizations to complete the bike trail from Willow Street to both Yarmouth and Sandwich.
- Ensuring the completion of the Scudder Lane parking lot and boat ramp construction.
- Working with Barnstable Fire Department and Barnstable Water District concerning the increased need for emergency services and drinking water.
- Continuing to work closely with the Friends of Barnstable Harbor and the Barnstable Village Association.
In the past four years I’ve learned that the Town of Barnstable is served by a dedicated and professional staff. These town employees work long hours to ensure that Barnstable’s infrastructure is reliable, its planning is forward thinking, and that the needs of the entire population are being served. It has been my honor to serve you, and it has been my honor to serve alongside them.
There is so much more to do! Looking ahead, I believe that our community will only grow stronger.
This is my pledge.
Engage / Communicate / Act
- Improve the infrastructure of Barnstable Village, while maintaining the village’s character.
- Protect Our Natural Resources and Our Drinking Water.
- Engage Planners in establishing Family/ Community/ Workforce Attainable Year-round Housing.
- Plan For a Sustainable, Healthy, and Livable Village, Town, Region & Commonwealth.
- Develop a Strategic Plan for Coastal Resiliency, not just for tomorrow, but for the long term future.
More about Gordon Starr…
- And a bit about the 2023 One Cape Summit. This year’s topics were the Climate Resilience and Attainable Housing.
- Click here to see Gordon’s Bio.
- Click here to follow Gordon on Facebook.
- Stay tuned to learn more about Gordon Starr and about the future of Barnstable Village & Cummaquid.